Thursday, May 14, 2009

That Would Have the Opposite Effect of What You Were Hoping For

An Indian man has gone 35 years without bathing, all in an effort to ensure that his next child is a boy:

"A seer once told Kalau that if he does not take a bath, he would be blessed with a male child," a man called Madhusudan told the paper.

I'm not certain how things work in his household, but me not bathing for 35 years would have the opposite effect of producing more children -- male or female.  He has seven daughters, so I suspect he may have made up the whole no-bathing-for-a-son thing.  

Perhaps the headline should have read, "Indian Dad Avoids Washing for 35 Years, Just to be Get Some Peace and Quiet for Five Darn Minutes."

1 comment:

The Loaded Diaper said...

Well, he's had sex at least seven times. Perhaps that's my problem ... I'm too clean.